Thursday, October 30, 2008

When no one is watching

So there are a multitude of things in life that I do that I would never do if anyone was watching. These are the quirks and idiosyncrasies of Jen and the things I delight in behind closed doors or on a walk. I encourage you (whoever you might be) to think about your own bits-o-honey.

My number one favorite thing to do when no one is watching is eat peanut butter right out of the jar. Why is this so liberating? Perhaps it all goes back to my childhood and how my mother would have chased me around the house with a flyswatter if she would have ever seen me doing this deviant act. Yet, maybe it is just me appreciating the fact that I don't have to share it with anyone right now. Thus, I will delight in continuing to spread my oral flora all throughout the jar.

Karaoke anyone? Ok, so I might not have the voice of a song bird but there is nothing like my favorite oldies but goodies station 107.9 the TRACK to get me rockin' out in my car. First of all I hate cars. I have this love for public transportation, but since I live in Indiana a car is a necessity. Regardless, I love singing at the top of my lungs in my car. I love the looks from the passersby as I do my best Aretha Franklin with my cellphone as my microphone. There is nothing sweeter!

Dancing queen.....negative over and out. Yet, in the vicinity of my own home I can really break it down. Where it would take multitudes of drinks (perhaps pints) before I could get up enough liquid confidence to show you the moves of an extremely white girl, in the walls of my house I am transformed into a dancing diva. Whether it is Micheal Jackson's thriller to my lovely lady lumps I gotz moves.

Perhaps people see me, I guess I just don't care, but I love to watch people. We truly are the most interesting creatures. The way we interact and coexist just continues to amaze me. I love to watch the emotions of life in the faces of others joy, humor, love, sadness they all carry this incredible immensity to me. I guess perhaps for a brief moment I am the one looking in on their story making my own judgements and conclusions like the reader of a great novel.

Lastly, embarrassingly enough I love to walk around my home in my underwear. Who wouldn't right? Its liberating and I NEVER would do it in front of anyone. I have a hard enough time putting on a bathing suit. Yet, I have decided that I have way to many cute underwear and I feel like not enough people get to enjoy them. Therefore, I need to appreciate them all the more.

Enjoy your quite moments alone the moments where you do the things no one would ever expect. The moments in life where all of your reservations are lifted. If your nervous about this, just imagine me out there singing and dancing in my cute underwear while singing into my spoon of peanut butter.

No comments: